• Sales are good (pending sales up 9% for September vs last year 931 vs 857). Inventory is down 21% from a year ago (1,713 vs 2,161).
• Sales up and inventory down is good for sellers, but it does not feel too good. Prices are flat. Only 18% of September closings were for over list price compared to 60% in the hot hot markets (spring of 2017 & 2018). Finally, about half (46.8%) of properties that sold, sold with less than 15 days of Days on Market. List price must be close to value to sell.
• Interest Rates, Interest Rates, Interest Rates… 3.61% vs 4.63% from a year ago (page 5).
A one percent change in interest rate is a 10% change in purchase price.
• Competing for a listing? (share from page 2)
1. What are the odds of selling 3 in 4 (75% for trailing 12 months), 1 in 4 are not selling.
2. Percentage of Pending Sales that don’t close is 1 in 8 (14% for trailing 12 months)
Who you hire matters!